- Consumer Assistance
- Renew or Apply for a License
- About Us
- DORA Home
License Expiration Date Change: In our continuing efforts to increase efficiency and improve our service to licensees and consumers, the license expiration date for all plumbers has been changed from August 31st of odd numbered years to February 28th of odd numbered years. Once you renew during this current cycle you will be issued a license that is good until February 28, 2015. From February 28, 2015 on, your plumbing license will expire on February 28th of odd numbered years.
License Renewal Fees: As you may know, the renewal fee is evaluated each year and set to meet the budgetary needs of the program; however, it is difficult to predict if costs of regulation will decrease or increase in the future. Renewal fees help offset the operational expenses of the program and are an integral part of our commitment to work diligently to provide consumer protection.
If renewed on or before August 31, 2013:
The Active Plumbing Contractor (PC) renewal fee is: $213
If renewed on or after September 1, 2013, a $15 delinquency charge is applied and the totals are:
The Active Plumbing Contractor (PC) renewal fee is: $228
After October 31, 2013, your license will be expired and you must reinstate.
All fees are Non-Refundable. The Division of Professions and Occupations cannot and will not take payment information over the phone. We will not request credit card numbers or checking account numbers via telephone. You will only be able to pay for your renewal online, in person at our office or by mail with the necessary renewal packet. To protect your information DO NOT provide any credit card or checking account numbers over the phone to an unknown source.
IMPORTANT: You must confirm that payment was received for your renewal to be complete. You will receive a confirmation email from the payment system or check your account for a new expiration date in the "Current Information" tab. If your dates did not update, return to the "cart" in the upper right hand corner of your account to complete payment. Your license is not renewed until payment is complete. You must reinstate if you exceed the 60 day grace period.
NOTE ABOUT OUR NEW SYSTEM: Our new system requires that all Plumbing Contractors and Electrical Contractors have a correct FEIN (Tax ID number) in our database. If an attempt to register results in a 'No match found.' error message, please DO NOT register a new account, contact us at DORA_DPO_OnlineLicenses@state.co.us so that we may ensure information accuracy in our system. Additional information can be found in the 2013 Plumbing newsletter.
*BEFORE RENEWING A PLUMBING CONTRACTOR’S LICENSE, THE ASSOCIATED MASTER PLUMBER LICENSE MUST BE RENEWED IN ACTIVE STATUS. If you are changing the associated Master Plumber, you must contact the Office of Licensing prior to renewal at 303-894-7800. The Plumbing Board will conduct an audit after the renewal period to ensure that all active PC licenses have an Active Master Plumber associated with it.
Apprentice Registration: Plumbing Contractors must keep their Active apprentices current in our system. You can access your Contractor’s associated apprentices at our website at www.dora.colorado.gov/professions/plumbing or by calling our office at 303-894-7800.
If you have any questions about renewals, including renewal requirements, expiration date questions, status change requests, etc., please email the Office of Support Services at the following address: email@example.com or call 303-894-2984.
If you experience technical issues when renewing online, including computer troubleshooting, system access, etc., please email the helpdesk at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-894-7800.
FOR PRINTABLE RENEWAL INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE
Colorado Plumbing Contractor licenses expire on August 31, 2013 and it is now time to renew your license to keep it in its current status until February 28, 2015. To renew your license, please follow the step-by-step instructions:
1. Be Prepared—Gather needed documents or information, and set aside relaxed and uninterrupted time to focus on your renewal. After reading all the steps detailed below, go to www.dora.colorado.gov/professions/onlineservices. Or go to the bottom of the renewal webpage to “READY TO RENEW YOUR LICENSE? PRINT RENEWAL INSTRUCTIONS and CLICK HERE TO GO TO ONLINE SERVICES.”
It is a good idea to print these renewal instructions for reference while you are renewing your license.
2. Online Services—Our new Online Services system was implemented July 1, 2012 and all users must register a new account. From this account, you can update your contact information, obtain information about your license and renew your license.
• Click "Register" at www.colorado.gov/dora/licensing/Default.aspx to create your new online account.
• Click on the circle to the left of “Business” to register as a BUSINESS. You will then be asked to enter your nine digit Tax ID/FEIN number without dashes and your License Number, numbers only. Then click “Finish”. If you do not have your Tax ID/FEIN number or get an error message stating “No Match Found”, please contact the Division at email@example.com or call 303-894-2421 DO NOT set up a new account. If you send an email, will reply once complete so that you may continue the online renewal process.
• The User ID field will be populated with the User ID that is assigned to you. Please write down this User ID for use in the future. You can change this User ID at this time if you wish. To do so, delete the existing User ID that the system created and enter the User ID you would like and write it down for future use.
• Next, create a password, answer security questions and click "Create Account." Please write down this password. You may select from the optional questions provided in the dropdown that will best suit your memory. These questions are used in the event that you forget your password in the future.
3. Verify Email Address—To complete the registration of your account, you will have to verify your email address.
• When you click the link you will be returned to Online Services.
4. Update Contact Information—After your email is validated, you can update your address of record if needed. You should check to make sure we have accurate information as this is where we will mail your renewed license.
5. Renew Your License—When you have finished all of the steps above, you will then click the link on the left side titled "Complete License Renewal."
• On the left side, click on "Complete License Renewal." (If you have not completed all of the steps above, you will receive an error message. If you receive an error message, please follow the prompts to complete any outstanding steps and then return to "Complete License Renewal.")
• Click on "Start" or "Continue" by the appropriate license type. Follow the prompts to answer any questions asked and then to proceed to payment.
6. Pay Invoice—After you have completed the renewal steps for all license types and added each license type to be renewed to the invoice, you will be able to pay for your renewal. At this point, two red buttons "Pay Invoice" and "Print Invoice" will appear on the upper right side of the screen. Your Invoice Summary will also be displayed. (If you want a copy of your invoice, click on "Print Invoice" before you click proceed to pay.)
Click on the "Pay Invoice" button in the upper right corner.
7. Payment - You will pay for your renewal using our secure payment system. You must pay by Credit Card (Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express), by Debit Card (as long as it bears the Visa or Master Card logo) or by Electronic Check (eCheck) by using your bank routing number and checking account number.
• After entering your credit card/eCheck information and clicking "Continue" you will enter the appropriate billing information. Make sure to complete all required fields and click "Continue." Note: The required fields are designated by a red star.
• You will then be able to review/verify your payment information on the following screen. If you need to make any changes/updates you can click the "Edit" button in the corresponding section. If all information is correct, click the "Agree/Continue" button at the bottom of the page to complete the transaction.
• While the payment is being processed, you will see a blue progress bar. Please do not click on anything until this screen closes automatically.
8. Payment Confirmation - Once complete, you will receive a confirmation page indicating your payment has been approved.
9. License Printing – We will print your new license in our office, you will receive your renewed wallet license card by mail within approximately 7-10 days.
For technical questions regarding our Online Services or if you experience problems with access to the system, please click this link: Online Services Help. Or you may contact our helpdesk at: firstname.lastname@example.org at 303-894-2984. If you have questions about a pending application, changing license status or other licensing issues, please contact the Office of Support Services at 303-894-7800.
All future renewal reminders will be sent to the email address you have listed in your Online Services account. You are responsible for maintaining current contact information including the mailing and email addresses associated with your account. You can update this information once logged in. Mailing addresses can be modified under Update Your Contact Information and email addresses can be updated by selecting My Account under your name at the top of the screen.
To read the current issue of the 2013 State Plumbing Board Newsletter that includes detailed information about the program and more….click here