- Consumer Assistance
- Renew or Apply for a License
- About Us
- DORA Home
We're redesigning the DORA website and we need your help. Please take our survey now!
All future renewal reminders will be sent to the email address you have listed in your Online Services account. You are responsible for maintaining current contact information including the mailing and email addresses associated with your account. You can update this information once logged in. Mailing addresses can be modified under Update Your Contact Information and email addresses can be updated by selecting My Account under your name at the top of the screen.
Occupational Therapist Colorado licenses expire on January 31, 2013 and it is now time to renew your license to keep it in a current status until January 31, 2015. To renew your license, please follow the below step-by-step instructions:
• You will be asked to enter your social security number and last name. The User ID field will be populated with the User ID that is assigned to you. Please write down this User ID for use in the future.
• On the left side, click on "Complete License Renewal." (If you haven't completed all of the steps above, you will receive an error message. If you receive an error message, please follow the prompts to complete any outstanding steps and then return to "Complete License Renewal.")
• Click on "Start" or "Continue" by the appropriate license type. Review the fees listed and click next.
•When you have completed all renewal steps, click on "Add to Invoice" at the bottom of the screen.
7. Pay Invoice—after you have completed the renewal steps for all license types and added each license type to be renewed to the invoice, you will be able to pay for your renewal. At this point, two red buttons "Pay Invoice" and "Print Invoice" will appear on the right side of the screen.
• Click on the "Pay Invoice" button. (If you want a copy of your invoice, click on "Print Invoice" before you click proceed to pay. You will also have an opportunity later to print or send an email receipt to yourself.)
8. You will pay for your renewal using our secure payment system. You must pay by Credit Card (Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express), by Debit Card (as long as it bears the Visa or Master Card logo) or by Electronic Check (eCheck) by using your bank routing number and checking account number.
9. After entering your credit card/eCheck information and clicking "Continue" you will enter the appropriate billing information. IF YOU ENTER AN EMAIL ADDRESS, YOU WILL BE SENT AN EMAIL RECEIPT OF YOUR TRANSACTION. Make sure to complete all required fields and click "Continue." Note: The required fields are designated by a blue line.
10. You will then be able to review/verify your payment information on the following screen. If you need to make any changes/updates you can click the "edit" button in the corresponding section. If all information is correct, click the "Agree/Continue" button at the bottom of the page to complete the transaction.
11. Once complete, you will be returned to your Online Services account. This will complete your transaction.IMPORTANT: You must confirm that payment was received for your renewal to be complete. You will need to check your account for a new expiration date in the "Current Information" tab. If your dates did not update, return to the "cart" in the upper right hand corner of your account to complete payment. Your license is not renewed until payment is complete. You must reinstate if you exceed the 60 day grace period.
12. You will receive your renewed wallet license card by mail within approximately 7-10 days. To verify your new expiration date, you can select the "My User Information" tab. You can print this page for your records.
If you experience technical issues when renewing online, please email the System Support Unit at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-894-2421.
Renewal fees have increased since the last Occupational Therapist renewal. As you may know, the renewal fee is evaluated each year and set to meet the budgetary needs of the program; however, it is difficult to predict if costs of regulation will decrease or increase in the future. Renewal fees help offset the operational expenses of the program and are an integral part of our commitment to work diligently to provide consumer protection.
If renewed on or before January 31, 2013:
The Active Occupational Therapist renewal fee is: $51
If renewed on or after February 1, 2013, a $15 delinquency charge is applied and the totals are:
The Active Occupational Therapist renewal fee is: $66
After March 31, 2013, your license will be expired and you must reinstate.
All fees are Non-Refundable. The Division of Professions and Occupations cannot and will not take payment information over the phone. We will not request credit card numbers or checking account numbers via telephone. You will only be able to pay for your renewal online, in person at our office or by mail with the necessary renewal packet. To protect your information DO NOT provide any credit card or checking account numbers over the phone to an unknown source.
IMPORTANT: You must confirm that payment was received for your renewal to be complete. You will need to check your account for a new expiration date in the "Current Information" tab. Your license is not renewed until payment is complete. You must reinstate if you exceed the 60 day grace period.
Licensure is a privilege, not a right. In order to obtain and retain the privilege, you must be completely honest. The Division conducts audits of its licensing database against several criminal and national disciplinary databases, which allows the Division to track subsequent criminal conduct and disciplinary actions after initial licensure.
An arrest, disciplinary action or subsequent criminal conviction does not mean an automatic revocation of your license. The board or program will look at the facts surrounding the criminal conduct and disciplinary action to determine whether you are still fit for licensure. Your license will not necessarily be revoked if you have been disciplined, arrested, charged or convicted, but your license will most likely be revoked if you fail to disclose it.
The Division of Professions and Occupations provides wall certificates for most license types in the Division. To place an online order click here.
To read the current issue of the Office of Occupational Therapist Registration Newsletter that includes detailed information about the program and more... Click here.
If you are finished reading the above instructions you may want to print this page before you begin the online renewal process. Now click here to go directly to online renewal.