License By Endorsement
Licensees from another state may be eligible for licensure by endorsement providing that the applicant possesses credentials and qualifications which are substantially equivalent to the requirements in Colorado for licensure by examination and must meet all the following conditions:
- Submit a completed, signed, Colorado State Electrical Board Application for License by Endorsement.
- Experience from your previous or current employers that documents the type of experience and number of years in each category required for the specific license must be submitted on the Affidavit of Experience Form.
- Submit a letter from the state licensing agency that issued your license, which must include the following information:
- Verification that you carry a comparable, state issued, license.
- Verification that your license was obtained by examination.
- A listing of the categories covered on the exam with a breakdown of percentages for each category covered in the specific examination you took, and the edition of the N.E.C. used. (Your original license examination must have been based on the current or immediately previous edition of the N.E.C. in effect at the time of application).
- A listing of the experience requirements for the license, and verification that these requirements were met.
The application processing fee must accompany your application. Fees are non-refundable and are subject to change every year on July 1.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required in order to view and print many of these materials. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, download the latest free version directly from the Adobe website, or convert a document to text.