- Consumer Assistance
- Renew or Apply for a License
- About Us
- DORA Home
We're redesigning the DORA website and we need your help. Please take our survey now!
Instructions for Online Apprentice Registration
Using Online Services, you can:
If your apprentice does not yet have an apprentice registration number and is new to the Division, you must have them complete the registration steps outlined in parts II and III. This is a change from the previous apprentice registration in the old system.
1. Log into your Online Services account. If you have not yet created an online account for your Contractors license, please follow the instructions located here:
NOTE: You will need to ensure that your FEIN (Tax ID Number) is on file with the Division in order to access online services. If you attempt to log in using that information and you receive a message stating “No Match Found,” please contact the System Support Unit at email@example.com and a representative will assist you.
2. Once you are logged into your account click the button on the left labeled “Add/Remove Apprentices.” On the following screen click the “Start” button next to the license you would like to add or remove.
3. When the section opens you will first see a list of your Current Associations. Review this list and click “Next” to continue.
4. The second screen will allow you to add apprentices to your record. If you need to add an apprentice, click the “Add” button.
A. Using the Apprentice Number supplied to you by your apprentice, enter in the “License Number” (only the numeric value) and/or the apprentice name. Then click “Search.” If your apprentice does not yet have a number, stop now and have them complete the registration steps below.
B. The apprentice will be listed below the search criteria. Click the “Add” link to add to your contractor license.
C. Ensure the information is accurate, adjust the start date (date of hire) as necessary and select “Employer” as the “Association Type.” Then click “OK.”
5. You will be returned to the “Add Associations” screen. If you have more apprentices to add, repeat step 4 a-c again until all necessary apprentices have been added. Once all are added, click “Next.”
6. The 3rd screen will allow you to remove apprentices from your record. If you need to remove any apprentices click the edit icon next to the appropriate apprentice in the “Action” column.
A. Change the Association Status to “Inactive” and click “OK.”
7. You will be returned to the “Remove Associations” screen. If you have more apprentices to remove, repeat step 6 and 6a again until all necessary apprentices have been removed. Once all are removed, click “Next.”
8. The 4th screen will serve as an attestation. Enter your name as the representative of the Contractor license to attest that the information you have provided is true and correct, then click “Next.”
9. You may review the information you have submitted on the following page. After review, if you need to edit, use the left hand links or the “Previous” button to return to a previous screen and edit. If all is correct, click the “Proceed to Payment” button.
10. The Invoice page will be displayed. Pay the appropriate fee. Click the “Pay Invoice” button in the upper right hand of the screen. You must submit payment for registration to be complete!
11. Complete the payment steps on our Secure Online Payment system either by credit card or electronic check.
12. After payment has been completed you will be returned to a confirmation page indicating the process is complete. Print this page for your receipt.
NOTE: Your User ID must be unique in the system. The system will prompt you if you need to edit it. Make sure to select a User ID that is easy for you to remember as this will be part of your log in credentials going forward.
III. Create an Apprentice Registration