Limited Regulation Carriers
Title 40, Article 10.1, C.R.S. governs the Commission's role in the regulation of Limited Regulation Carriers. This group of carriers includes Children's Activity Buses, Charter Scenic Buses, Luxury Limousines, and Off-Road Charter services.
The PUC's role in the regulation of the Limited Regulation Carriers is to:
- Promulgate rules, pursuant to Section 40-2-108, C.R.S. The rules that govern Limited Regulation carriers are found in the 6300 series of the Commission's rules.
- Issue permits to operate, pursuant to Section 40-10.1-302, C.R.S.
- Take enforcement actions, pursuant to Section 40-10.1-112, C.R.S. Upon notice to the carrier and proof of violation the Commission may take action against a limited regulation carrier for the following reasons:
- Violation of Article 10.1 of Title 40
- Violation of the terms or conditions of the permit
- Exceeding the authority granted by the permit
- Violation of or refusal to observe a proper order, or rule of the Commission.
- Establish annual filing fees, pursuant to Section 40-10.1-111, C.R.S. There is no application fee or annual fee associated with part 3, Limited Regulation permits.
- Establish annual motor vehicle fees, pursuant Section 40-10.1-111(1)(f), C.R.S. Annually, the Commission administratively sets the annual fee for each motor vehicle a carrier owns, controls, operates or manages.
Limited Regulation Passenger Carrier Permit Application
(Inspector Qualification Requirements - Section 396.19)
Fingerprint-Based Criminal History Record Checks are Required by Law for Drivers of Certain Passenger Carriers.
In addition to taxi drivers, drivers for these types of motor carriers must pass a criminal history background check:
- Charter Scenic Bus (CSB) permit holders;
- Luxury Limousine (LL) permit holders;
- Off-Road Scenic Charter (ORC) permit holders;
- Children's Activity Bus.
Driver Applicant Notification - Fingerprint Information
Click instructions for help completing the fingerprint card or consult the Frequently Asked Questions.
Click Fingerprint Tracking System to search the PUC's fingerprint records.