- About Us
- DORA Home
Title 40, Article 10.1, C.R.S. governs the Commission's role in the regulation of Household Goods Movers.
The PUC's role in the regulation of Household Goods Movers is summarized as follows:
1. Promulgate rules. Section 40-2-108. C.R.S. Rules governing the transportation of household goods by Household Good Movers are found in the 6600 series of the Commission's rules.
2. Issue permits to operate. Section 40-10.1-502, C.R.S.
3. Take enforcement actions. Section 40-10.1-112, C.R.S. Upon notice to the carrier and proof of violation, the Commission may take action against a Household Goods Mover for the following reasons:
4. Establish annual filing fees. Section 40-10.1-111(1)(d). Annually, the Commission administratively sets the annual filing fee for a permit to operate under part 5 of Article 10.1(Movers); By law the fee may not exceed three hundred twenty-five dollars.
5. Establish annual motor vehicle fees. Section 40-10.1-111(1)(f). Household Goods Movers are exempt from and not subject to the annual vehicle stamp fee. Section 40-10.1-111(2).