RE Appraisers Educational Providers
Real estate appraiser continuing education must be taken from providers approved by the Board. In order for a provider to be approved by the Board, continuing education must meet the following standards:
- It must be developed by persons qualified in the subject matter and instructional design.
- It must be current.
- The instructor must be qualified with respect to content and teaching methods.
- The number of participants and the physical facilities are consistent with the teaching method(s).
BOREA Continuing Education / Qualifying Education Application
Approved Providers of Continuing Appraisal Education
- Universities, colleges, junior colleges or community colleges accredited by a regional accrediting body accredited by the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation.
- Professional appraisal and real estate related organizations.
- State or federal government agencies.
- Proprietary schools holding valid certificates of approval from the Colorado Division of Private Occupational Schools, Department of Higher Education.
- Continuing education completed in other jurisdictions, providers approved by such other jurisdiction, provided that the jurisdiction’s appraiser regulation program has been determined to be in compliance with Title XI, FIRREA.
- The providers of continuing education approved under the Course Approval Program of The Appraisal Foundation.
- Other providers that the Board may approve upon petition of the education provider or the applicant in a form acceptable to the Board.
Approved Providers Requirements Notice
- The Board, at its discretion, may require an evaluation in a manner determined by the Board of an educational offering to ensure compliance with the above standards.
- By offering real estate appraisal continuing education in Colorado, each provider agrees to comply with relevant statutes and Board rules and must permit a Board audit of said courses at any time and at no cost.
- If the Board determines that the offering fails to comply with the standards set above, the Board will notify the provider of such deficiency and work with the provider to correct such deficiency prior to the next class offering. If such deficiency is not corrected, then the Board may withdraw approval of the provider, instructor and/or the class.
- Consult the Real Estate Manual, Chapter 11 Rules 7.1-7.24 for more information.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required in order to view and print many of these materials. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, download the latest free version directly from the Adobe website, or convert a document to text.