Continuing Education Providers
All education providers and trainers interested in teaching the Colorado Two (2) Hour Annual Update Course are required to apply each calendar year with the Colorado Division of Real Estate for approval in a manner prescribed by the Board of Mortgage Loan Originators prior to teaching the course material. Educators and trainers that are exempt from the Division of Private Occupational Schools’ oversight shall provide proof. Proof of exemption shall include a direct and written exemption from the Division of Private Occupational Schools.
Record Keeping Requirement
- All education providers and trainers teaching the Colorado Two (2) Hour Annual Update Course are required to keep records of all individuals that have completed the course, and are required to provide the DRE a quarterly list naming the individuals who have completed the course.
- The list must be submitted by January 15, April 15, July 15, and October 15 of each calendar year in a manner prescribed by the Board of Mortgage Loan Originators.
- Educators (educators are or providers are, or both) are required to keep records of course attendance for a period of four (4) years.
- All education providers shall provide the course material and applicable handouts to all students that have enrolled in the Two (2) Hour Colorado Annual Update Course.
- Education providers and trainers shall provide a certificate of completion to any individuals who have completed and passed the Two (2) Hour Colorado Annual Update Course.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required in order to view and print many of these materials. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, download the latest free version directly from the Adobe website, or convert a document to text.