File a Complaint
The Division can only address complaints against:
- Colorado state-chartered commercial banks
- Colorado state-chartered trust companies
- Colorado licensed money transmitter companies
The Division does not regulate, and cannot resolve a complaint against, the following:
- National Banks
- Credit Unions
- Finance Companies
- Savings & Loan
- Mortgage Companies, Lenders, or Loan Originators
If you are not sure if your bank is a State-Chartered Bank or a National Bank, please click Find An Institution, which will take you to a database search site.
The Complaint Process
All consumer complaints filed with the Division must be submitted in writing. Please click COMPLAINT FORM to access the form. When completing the form, please provide detailed information and fill it out completely.
The following information is very important:
- The name of the institution and the name of any person(s) at the institution with whom you have had contact. Include telephone number(s) and addresses.
- A complete description of your complaint and any efforts that have been made to resolve your complaint directly with the institution.
- Copies of any available documentation supporting your complaint and efforts toward resolution.
- Preferred resolution of your complaint.
Once your complaint is received by the Division:
- A referral letter is sent to the regulated institution, along with a copy of your complaint, and the institution is requested to respond within a reasonable timeframe.
- Upon receipt of the institution's response, your complaint and the institution's response will be reviewed by the Division.
- Upon completion of this review, the Division will send you a response, copying the regulated institution, explaining our findings and resolution of the complaint.
Listed below is the contact information for filing a complaint against a:
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Customer Assistance Group
1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3450
Houston, TX 77010
State-chartered Credit Union or Savings & Loan
Division of Financial Services
1560 Broadway, Suite 950
Denver, CO 80202